Quickstart with Workloads on AWS ECS
This guide will help you to get started with
Workload Onboarding in practice.
As part of this guide, you will:
- Deploy Istio Bookinfo example into an Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) cluster
ratingsapplication as an AWS ECS task and onboard it into the service mesh
- Verify traffic between Kubernetes Pod(s) and the AWS ECS task
This guide is intended to be an easy-to-follow demonstration of the workload onboarding capabilities.
To keep things simple, you are not required to configure the infrastructure the way you would do it in the case of a production deployment.
- you are not required to set up routable DNS records
- you are not required to use a trusted CA authority (such as Let’s Encrypt)
Before proceeding, please make sure to complete the following prerequisites:
- Create an EKS cluster to install TSB and example application(s) into
- Follow the instructions in TSB demo installation
- Follow the instructions in Installing the Bookinfo Example
- Follow the instructions in Enable Workload Onboarding
import DocCardList from ‘@theme/DocCardList’;